Mark your calendars!!
Only two days away, residents in Bellevue, Washington have the opportunity to participate in an innovative "Spring Forward Expo: Projects Affecting Your Future" event/open house Wednesday, May 15th, where experts on over 40 city and regional projects affecting the city will offer presentations and seek your feedback. The event will take place at Bellevue City Hall at 450 110th Avenue NE, on the first floor concourse. (This is your opportunity to visit the gorgeous new City Hall if you haven't done so!)
Some of the projects featured and seeking your input:
- The Light Rail Best Practices Committee draft report regarding light rail practices to be applied in Bellevue. (EXCITING!!)
- Aquatic Center Feasibility Study north of Main Street
- Boeing/Eastgate Property Master Plan
- Meydenbauer Bay Project and Land Use Master Plan (I Blogged about this earlier, here's the master plan we've been awaiting!)
- Sound Transit East Link (To be created off the Freeway)
- Neighborhood Sidewalk Program (Livability, Livability!)
...and there's a whole lot more!!! In fact, so much more, that it's guaranteed something here's going to affect you directly if you're a Bellevue resident... More info on Spring Forward Expo
Bellevue is truly a proactive city. Whereas some our neighboring cities face grumbles regarding mismanagement of resources, Bellevue deserves kudos for improving the quality of life of its residents and for its wise stewardship of resources and opportunities.