As you know, Web 2.0 is paving the way for real estate professionals to enhance their service, reduce their expenses and wow their clients. ActiveRain is part of this movement. Over the next few months, we will introduce tools and technologies to help you across the many boundaries you face in your business. One of them regards video. So in the spirit of progress, creativity, doing some good deeds and just plain old having some fun together ... let the video games begin!
Create a 3-minute (or less) video designed to promote your real estate business and submit it to Active Rain for judging.
Choose one of these or come up with your own:
- A video about your community
- A video about yourself (profile, listing presentation, client testimonials)
- A video about your company
- A video about a listing
- All videos must be under 3 minutes
- Submissions must be received by Friday, April 4th, 2008 at midnight PST
- All videos must have been first published after March 13th, 2008
- Winners will be announced by Tuesday, April 8th, 2008
- ActiveRain will select 20 finalists for consideration by our judges
- One entry per person
The judging criteria
- Entertainment Value
- Potential to generate business
- Round trip airfare to NYC (For one person, $500 maximum)
- Hotel accommodations for two nights
2nd and 3rd Prize
What this is about
Seth Godin, one of the most respected marketers in the country, is holding a special one-day educational event benefiting the Acumen Fund. The Acumen fund is a non-profit global venture fund targeting the four billion people living on less that $4 a day. Its aim is to help build sustainable and scalable organizations that deliver critical goods and services that improve the lives of the poor. We have purchased one highly coveted ticket to this exclusive event for one lucky winner.
At its core, ActiveRain is built on sharing and collaboration; a critical thread woven into the fabric of our culture. For the Project Blogger competition, ActiveRain donated $5,000 to the CARE
organization while coaches and judges freely volunteered their time to help new bloggers sustain and grow their business by learning the ropes of Web 2.0.
We believe strongly in the use of video as a medium for delivering your words, your ideas, your homes and your services to the ever increasing Internet audience. By entering the contest you and your video will become part of the growing contribution to ActiveRain that will be used to help others.
In case you have never heard of Seth Godin, (crawl out from under that rock, haha, kidding of course) or even if you have, it was a page in one of his best selling books that planted the seed for what would become ActiveRain. The original notes are scribbled on a page of that book somewhere around the office. Maybe we should find that......
How to enter the contest
1. Create a blog post with your video embedded in the post
2. Tag the video with: ActiveRain Video Contest 2008 (just like I did)
3. Post the blog
1. Click here to create a free ActiveRain profile
2. Create a blog post with your video embedded in the post.
3. Tag your video with: ActiveRain Video Contest 2008
4. Post the blog
EDITED: 3000 points for the first person to submit their entry
I have this feeling there a few of you out there sitting on your entry to wait and see what other people are going to do, so let's see if I can give you a little push :-)